Photos by MJ Klein
It’s been awhile since we’ve had a story about grillin’ good food, and also been awhile since we partied at Xiao-hui’s place! So, the time has come for us to bring you this article and introduce you to our favorite BBQ sauce, Bootsy BBQ! Bootsy BBQ is known as the “everything sauce” and it really is good for everything!
My long-time friend, Mr. Danny Brown is the man behind Bootsy BBQ, and he can be seen at the end of this recent article. He has a real hit on his hands with this sauce and you’ll be seeing us talking about it as it makes it way from the US into Asia and beyond! Bootsy BBQ is unlike anything you’ve seen or tried before and it’s not a tomato based product like most others. Bootsy BBQ has a flavor all it’s own and once you’ve tried it, you’ll never go back to using ordinary sauces.
Boosty BBQ is an extremely versatile sauce that can be used many ways. Here are 4 of them that I like:
- Marinade: As a marinade for meats, Bootsy BBQ is second to none. It works fast too, so the great part about using Boosty BBQ is if you don’t have a lot of time, you can still get the flavor benefits from using Bootsy BBQ. Even 30 minutes with Bootsy BBQ will make a huge difference.
- Grilling Sauce: Bootsy BBQ is fantastic on the grill! Just brush it on about 10 minutes before your meat is done, on both sides.
- Finishing Sauce: If you’re a real smoke-blower, you’ll love Bootsy BBQ as a finishing sauce. The flavor of Bootsy BBQ compliments smoked food so well that you’ll wonder how you ever got along without it!
- Dipping Sauce: Bootsy BBQ is unbelievable as a dipping sauce! It’s also great for vegetables too!
We started out with some chicken on the grill. Some of you may recognize this grill as the one I made in 2007. It’s small but it does the job!
This is the chicken after application of Boosty BBQ. The sauce turns dark with the heat and the flavor really develops!
Here are 2 pieces of the grilled chicken (correction, this is grilled pork) after they came off the grill. They were every bit as good as they look in this photo!
We also had some sliced pork. Later we used Bootsy on the pork too!
We had even more chicken, and it was all done up with Bootsy BBQ. It didn’t last long!
Just look at that smoke! That’s what makes grilling taste great!
This is a shot of my last jar of Bootsy BBQ that I have in Taiwan. Now for the really bad news: a few minutes after this photo was taken we had a small accident and this jar was broken! So I’ll be anxiously waiting for the next shipment!
If you live in the US you can find Bootsy BBQ in your local Whole Foods Stores, and more stores are adding it all the time. Soon you’ll be able to buy Bootsy BBQ in Asia too!
You can find Bootsy on Facebook!
Thanks for reading! Be sure to leave us your comments and ratings below! You may use the ShareThis service below, or the Apture bar above for social media and email sharing of this article.
Articles in series Bootsy BBQ:
- Grillin’ With Bootsy BBQ at Xiao Hui’s!