Photo by MJ Klein
Hui-chen and I were awakened out of a sound sleep by an explosion. The next day I found out what happened:
A gas bottle had exploded inside this restaurant.
If you think this looks bad, you should see the rear. The owners have been on site like hawks, and prevented me from photographing the rear, but every piece of glass is gone. The door was blown out, and even the rolldown door is gone. It looks frightening. No one seems to know what happened (or they just won’t talk about it). Every year there are several such gas explosions in Taiwan but mostly they are caused by a faulty water heater.