I’d like to introduce a new feature on TheNHBushman.com blog. It’s called Sound Off! and it’s your chance to get things off your chest! We invite you to comment on the topic and let it fly!
If you have any suggestions for a Sound Off! topic, please email them to us at thenhbushman [at] gmail [dot] com.
Our first feature comes to us, thanks to Todd who has some of the same peeves that I do on this wonderful topic. Of course this topic is Taiwan-centric because we live here. But you may Sound Off! about anything having to do with waiters!
Why can’t waiters understand basic principles?
- If you hand me a menu, I need to read it before I can order anything. So, go away and let me read in peace!
- Other than telling me about some specials that are not on the menu, or might not be readily apparent, don’t insult me with your hard sell techniques! Just because my eyes stopped at the Ma Po Tofu for 3 milliseconds doesn’t mean I need you to start telling me how great it is.
- Clean the frigging tables! Geesh!
- I don’t care what other foreigners like. Give me the whole menu and not an excerpt.
- I may be able to read Chinese. Unless you ask, you couldn’t possibly know.
- Try talking to me in Chinese first. If that fails, fall back on English.
- Freezing in one’s tracks while uttering “Eh?” is not a proper way to greet a Customer.
- Don’t assume that “beer” means “Heineken.”
We want your stories, anecdotes and experiences!